Grilled Bread with Tomato
Catalans, who consider grilled bread with tomato the ultimate comfort food, often rub both sides of the toast with garlic and tomato and top it with anchovy fillets; another common topping is serrano ham. Prep and Cook Time: about 10 minutes.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 276
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 7.5g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 373mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 12 to 16 thick slices crusty, very coarse-textured bread such as ciabatta
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic (optional)
- 4 very ripe, juicy medium tomatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling on toast
- Coarse salt
- 1. Toast the bread slices on a grill, turning once, or in a toaster until golden brown.
- 2. Peel garlic, if using, and rub cloves on toast. Cut tomatoes in half crosswise and rub toast with cut side of tomatoes, squeezing gently so that each piece of toast is coated with juice, bits of tomato flesh, and seeds. Drizzle toast with olive oil and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note