- 2 cups hickory chips
- 1 (18.5-ounce) package hoagie rolls, split
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 1/2-ounce) can chopped ripe olives, drained
- 6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces GruyÃ¨re cheese, shredded or sliced
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Soak wood chips in water at least 30 minutes.
- Drain chips; place on a square of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Fold foil to seal; cut several slits in top of packet. Place foil packet on coals or lava rocks, and ignite. Let charcoal burn 30 minutes or a gas grill preheat over medium heat (300° to 350°) 15 minutes.
- Brush cut sides of rolls with olive oil; sprinkle evenly with olives. Top with tomato slices and cheese and basil.
- Coat food rack with cooking spray; place on grill. Place rolls, cut side up, on rack, and grill, covered with grill lid, 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Note: Gruyère cheese is a Swiss-style cheese with a rich, sweet, nutty flavor.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads