Grilled Bottom Round Roast
Community Recipe from
- 3 1/2 pound(s) bottom round roast
- 12 ounce(s) dark beer
- 1/4 cup(s) spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh horseradish grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) chilli pepper ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1 to 3 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- Mix beer, peppers, mustard, horseradish, thyme, and garlic in plastic freezer bag.
- Place roast in bag with marinade, express as much air as possible before sealing & refrigerate 12 - 24 hours.
- On the day you plan to cook, let roast in marinade bag come to room temperature.
- Preheat gas grill to 450°F.
- Remove roast from bag & place on plate fat shell up. Salt generously on fat side with Kosher salt.
- Place on grill fat side down. Turn down heat to 350°F Let sear 5 minutes. Then turn roast & sear other sides - 5 minutes apiece. Keep lid down when not turning.
- Decrease temp to 325°F & cook approximately 12 minutes a pound, periodically lifting lid to turn & test with meat thermometer until desired doneness reached.
- Remove from grill, let rest 15 - 25 minutes, slice thin & serve. Enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by longh2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Bottom Round Roast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes