Grilled Bison Kebabs over Minted Peas
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3 kebabs and 1/4 peas and sauce)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 366mg
- Calcium: 82mg
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons chopped mint, divided
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound ground bison
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen peas, thawed
- 1. Soak 12 wooden skewers 20 minutes.
- 2. Whisk together yogurt, 2 tablespoons mint, feta, garlic, lemon juice, and zest. Cover and chill.
- 3. Mix parsley and next 6 ingredients in a bowl. Form into 12 balls; thread onto skewers. Shape into ovals.
- 4. Coat grill pan with cooking spray; preheat over medium-high heat. Cook kebabs, turning, 4 minutes for medium.
- 5. Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook onion 2 minutes. Stir in peas; cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons mint.
- 6. Divide vegetables and skewers among 4 plates. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes