I didn't use the Hormel meat - just grilled new york strip with lots of black pepper. I added cilantro and some plain yogurt to the sauce. I did have to thin the sauce a little with some chicken stock but otherwise - really outstanding recipe. Made my own mashed potatoes and it was super filling and delicious.
Grilled Beef with Mashed Potatoes and Chipotle Cream
- 2 to 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 pound HORMEL Always Tender Peppercorn Beef Filet of Sirloin
- 1/2 (22-ounce) package frozen mashed potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- TIP: Spicy chipotle peppers can be found in the Mexican foods section of larger grocery stores.
- Remove about half of seeds from peppers, if desired. Purée or mince peppers. Stir together peppers, mayonnaise, and honey until blended.
- Grill beef, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, basting with 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper mixture. Turn beef, and grill 8 to 10 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140º, basting with 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper mixture.
- Remove beef to a cutting board, and let stand 8 minutes before slicing.
- Microwave mashed potatoes according to package directions, stirring in 3 tablespoons chipotle mixture last 3 minutes of cooking. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Spoon potatoes in center of a serving platter. Arrange beef slices around potatoes. Drizzle potatoes and beef with remaining chipotle pepper mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Beef with Mashed Potatoes and Chipotle Cream Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes