Grilled Beef and Vegetable Fajitas
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 268
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 16.5g
- Carbohydrate: 34.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 417mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 cups no-salt-added salsa, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1-pound) lean flank steak
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and cutlengthwise into quarters
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and cut lengthwise into quarters
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices purple onion
- 8 (8 1/2-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- Combine 1 cup salsa and next 3 ingredients in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Trim fat from steak. Add steak and peppers to bag. Seal bag, and shake until steak and peppers are well coated. Marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove steak and peppers from marinade, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place steak, peppers, and onion on rack; brush with reserved marinade. Grill, covered, 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Wrap tortillas in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place on grill rack; grill 5 minutes or until heated.
- Slice steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Slice peppers into thin strips, and separate onion into rings. Arrange steak and vegetables evenly down centers of tortillas; sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Roll up tortillas. Top each with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes