Grilled Beef-Tenderloin Skewers with Red-Miso Glaze
Photo: © Tina Rupp
Addictively tangy and salty-sweet, these skewers are also delicious when made with chicken breast or pork tenderloin.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 pounds beef tenderloin, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat a grill. In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and cook over low heat until crisp, stirring, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a blender; reserve the garlic oil for another use. Add the soy sauce, miso, sesame oil, sugar and salt to the blender and puree.
- Thread the meat on skewers. Lightly brush the meat with some of the miso glaze. Grill over high heat for 1 minute. Brush with the miso glaze a second time and grill, turning, until charred, about 2 minutes; serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This