We loved this recipe!! The flavors were wonderful! Definitely a company quality meal! I added 1/2 t. extra crushed red peppers, and used top sirloin instead of flank steak. I only marinated an hour and a half, but can only guess it would have even been more flavorful if marinated longer. The added lime juice squeezed on after grilling is a must!
Grilled Beef Skewers with Moroccan Spices
Photo: Ray Kachatorian
It's quick and easy to get these flavorful skewers ready beforehand, so you'll have more time to relax over the meal. Prep: 1 hour; Chill: 2 hours; Grill: 15 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6 skewers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into 1- x 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Lime wedges
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in cold water 20 to 30 minutes. Pulse first 10 ingredients in a food processor until finely minced. Pour into a plastic zip-top bag, add meat, and chill 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat grill to 400°. Assemble skewers by piercing each piece of steak into a U shape, alternating steak with vegetables. Grill 14 minutes for medium or until meat is caramelized and firm, turning once. Squeeze lime over each skewer, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes