Grilled Beef and Pepper Sandwich
If you need to shave time off this recipe, it's better to let the steak rest 10 minutes after it's grilled, but omit the resting time beforehand. This allows time for the juices to redistribute throughout the steak.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 427
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 45.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 47.9mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 719mg
- Calcium: 69mg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) round focaccia bread, cut in half horizontally
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture over one side of steak; let stand 10 minutes.
- Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steak stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Flatten peppers with hand. Place peppers skin-side down on grill rack; grill 12 minutes or until blackened. Place peppers in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut each half into quarters.
- Combine mayonnaise, cheese, juice, and 1 garlic clove in a small bowl, stirring well. Spread about 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture onto cut side of each bread half. Arrange beef evenly over bottom half; top with peppers. Cover with top bread half, pressing gently. Cut sandwich into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note