I love this recipe; the only changes I make are leaving out the raw onion and using red wine instead of port. Delicious!
Grilled Beef Panzanella with Port Wine Vinaigrette
If the weather isn't conducive to grilling outdoors, use a grill pan for the beef in this main dish salad. Open a bottle of pinot noir to accompany this dish.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak and 1 cup salad)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 418
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 29.9g
- Carbohydrate: 35.9g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 668mg
- Calcium: 95mg
- 2 tablespoons port
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed French bread [4 ounces bread]
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare grill.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly coat bread cubes with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until toasted. Combine bread, tomato, onion, basil, pecorino Romano cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over bread cube mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle beef with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until beef is medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. Serve beef over salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes