I love this recipe; the only changes I make are leaving out the raw onion and using red wine instead of port. Delicious!
Grilled Beef Panzanella with Port Wine Vinaigrette
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 418
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 29.9g
- Carbohydrate: 35.9g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 668mg
- Calcium: 95mg
- 2 tablespoons port
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed French bread [4 ounces bread]
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare grill.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly coat bread cubes with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until toasted. Combine bread, tomato, onion, basil, pecorino Romano cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over bread cube mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle beef with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until beef is medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. Serve beef over salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes