Grilled Beef Heart with Herbed Vinaigrette
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) beef heart trimmed and cut into slices or chunks
- salt as needed
- 1/2 whole(s) large shallot roughly chopped (save the other half for the vinaigrette)
- pepper to taste
- olive oil as needed
- arugula as needed (handful per serving)
- 3 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 whole(s) large shallot minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano chopped
- parsley chopped
- chives chopped
- 1. Liberally salt the beef, add the shallot and oil, toss and refrigerate till you're ready to cook it (an hour is optimal, but for as long as 24 hours).
- 2. For the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, shallot and salt and allow to sit for 5 or 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining herbs.
- 3. Grill the beef over hot direct coals. Depending on your grill and how you’ve cut your meat, you may want to grill the pieces in a basket or put them onto water-soaked skewers. Grill to medium rare, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 4. Arrange arugula on plates, top each with beef heart, and spoon the vinaigrette over the meat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Beef Heart with Herbed Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes