Grilled Beef and Bean Stuffed Poblano Chile Peppers
These simple stuffed peppers are easy to make but look like you spent an entire day preparing them. The filling can be made ahead.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 251
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 20.7g
- Carbohydrate: 25.8g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 754mg
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Calcium: 137mg
- 4 large poblano chile peppers
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled queso fresco or Monterey Jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in one side of each pepper; discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers on a paper towel in microwave oven. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until peppers are hot and beginning to soften. Set aside to cool.
- Cook beef, onion, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Drain well; return meat mixture to pan.
- Add beans and next 3 ingredients to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- Open peppers; fill with bean mixture, and top with cheese.
- Place peppers on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note