Grilled Beef and Bean Stuffed Poblano Chile Peppers
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 251
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 20.7g
- Carbohydrate: 25.8g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 754mg
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Calcium: 137mg
- 4 large poblano chile peppers
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled queso fresco or Monterey Jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in one side of each pepper; discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers on a paper towel in microwave oven. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until peppers are hot and beginning to soften. Set aside to cool.
- Cook beef, onion, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Drain well; return meat mixture to pan.
- Add beans and next 3 ingredients to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- Open peppers; fill with bean mixture, and top with cheese.
- Place peppers on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note