Okay, the chicken needed something and I think I added too much cilantro to the avocado spread. Seemed like a lot of work for chicken sandwiches.
Grilled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Spicy Avocado Spread
The Spicy Avocado Spread is bursting with flavor, but if time is short, use prepared guacamole or a few slices of fresh avocado to still enjoy the benefits of the avocado's healthful plant fats. Serve with baked potato chips. If you prefer your bun toasted, place it on the grill during the last minute of cooking.
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 6 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 368
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 31.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.8g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 678mg
- Calcium: 423mg
- 4 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (such as Sticky Fingers Memphis Original)
- Cooking spray
- 4 (0.7-ounce) slices 2% reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Green leaf lettuce leaves (optional)
- Tomato slices (optional)
- 4 (1.8-ounce) white wheat hamburger buns
- Spicy Avocado Spread
- 1. Preheat grill.
- 2. Brush both sides of chicken with barbecue sauce. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done, placing 1 cheese slice on each chicken breast during last minute of cooking.
- 3. Place lettuce and tomato on bottom half of each bun, if desired; add 1 chicken breast. Top each with about 2 1/2 tablespoons Spicy Avocado Spread. Place remaining bun halves on top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note