Absolutely Delicious. My 14 month old said UMMM. Definite keeper. Fresh basil is a must for this to work. The only change I made was I added an extra tsp of Garlic. I like garlic, I don't know if this enhanced the mayo at all but I would make it the same way next time
Grilled Basil Chicken Sandwiches
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 490
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 897mg
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Leaves from 1 large bunch basil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boned, skinned chicken breast halves, halved
- 4 wide slices ciabatta bread
- 1 heirloom tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Reserve 4 basil leaves. Whirl mayonnaise, remaining basil, garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- 2. Sandwich chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet until 1/4 in. thick.
- 3. Grill chicken, basting each side with some of mayo mixture and turning as needed, until cooked through and well browned, about 8 minutes.
- 4. Brush one side of bread with a little mayo mixture; grill bread on both sides.
- 5. Lay chicken on mayo side of bread. Top each sandwich with a tomato slice and a basil leaf and serve the remaining mayo on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich without extra mayo.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes