Grilled Bananas with Ice Cream and Caramel
As if Grilled Bananas with Ice Cream and Caramel wasn't decadent enough—top off this dessert with coconut, chocolate shavings or chopped toasted pecans, walnuts or almonds.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 558
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 86g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- Sodium: 77mg
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 firm but ripe bananas
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1. Make caramel: Stir sugar and 1/2 cup water in a pan over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Raise heat to medium-high. Watching carefully, boil syrup without stirring until it is a dark amber color, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully pour in cream (mixture will bubble up and splatter). Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and becomes smooth, 2 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in butter, vanilla and salt.
- 2. In a bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Warm honey in microwave for 15 seconds.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high. Cut unpeeled bananas in half lengthwise. Brush cut sides with honey; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Oil grill. Place bananas on grill, cut sides up. Cook until bananas are tender and flesh pulls away from skin, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4. Using 2 spoons, gently remove 2 banana halves from peels. Place 2 halves in a bowl, top with ice cream and drizzle with caramel. Repeat with remaining bananas, ice cream and caramel.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This