Decadent and Fun. I'll be getting the ingredients tomorrow for grilling!
Grilled Banana Splits
Choose baby bananas (also known as Oritos, Lady Fingers, and Manzanos) or small bananas that are just ripe and still firm so they'll hold their shape on the grill. Pick any flavor of light ice cream or frozen yogurt.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 7 Minutes
Grill: 8 Minutes
- Calories: 336
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Carbohydrate: 63.4g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 74mg
- Calcium: 187mg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 unpeeled baby or small bananas with green tips*
- 6 fresh pineapple slices**
- 1 pt. fat-free vanilla ice cream
- 1 pt. low-fat chocolate frozen yogurt
- Chocolate Sauce
- Garnish: maraschino cherries
- 1. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill to 300° to 350° (medium) heat.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan. Place coconut in a single layer in another shallow pan. Bake pecans and coconut 7 to 8 minutes or until toasted and pecans are fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Peel bananas, and cut in half lengthwise. Coat bananas with cooking spray. Grill pineapple slices, covered with grill lid, over 300° to 350° (medium) heat 4 minutes on each side or until lightly caramelized. Grill banana halves 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly caramelized.
- 4. Chop grilled pineapple. Arrange 2 grilled banana halves in each of 6 (8-oz.) banana-split dishes or other serving bowls. Scoop 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream and 1/4 cup chocolate frozen yogurt into each dish between banana slices. Top each with 1 Tbsp. Chocolate Sauce, 1 chopped pineapple slice, 2 tsp. pecans, and 2 tsp. coconut. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- *3 regular bananas, peeled and quartered, may be substituted. Increase grilling time to 4 minutes on each side.
- **Canned pineapple slices in juice, drained, may be substituted.
- Note: If using a charcoal grill, place banana slices around the outer edge of grill to prevent burning. Watch them carefully as they will cook fast.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes about 1 Tbsp. Chocolate Sauce, not garnish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note