Grilled Banana Nut Bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 bananas ripe
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans chopped
- confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture. With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the remaining bananas and sugar together for a good 3 minutes; you want a light and fluffy banana cream. Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla; beat well and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated; no need to overly blend. Fold in the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Give the pan a good rap on the counter to get any air bubbles out.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Don't get nervous if the banana bread develops a crack down the center of the loaf; that's no mistake, it's typical. Rotate the pan periodically to ensure even browning.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes or so, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet
- Grill slices until crispy on each side. Serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toooom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Banana Nut Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch