Grilled Balsamic Vegetables
Prep: 25 min., Grill: 14 min. This flavor-packed dish is just as good served slightly chilled, so feel free to make ahead.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 4 medium-size fresh beets
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 large red onion
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Trim stems from beets to 1 inch; cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Cut bell peppers into 1-inch strips. Cut off ends of zucchini and eggplant; cut each lengthwise into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Cut onion into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- Whisk together oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Add cut vegetables, and sprinkle vegetables evenly with salt and pepper, tossing to coat.
- Grill vegetables, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Grill beets 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until tender; grill bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and onion 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Cool beets slightly, and, if desired, peel. Sprinkle vegetables with goat cheese, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Balsamic Vegetables Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables