Grilled Balsamic Vegetables
This recipe goes with Herbed Salad With Grilled Balsamic Vegetables
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Grill Time: 18 Minutes
- 4 medium-size fresh beets
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 large red onion
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Trim stems from beets to 1 inch; cut into quarters. Cut bell peppers into 1-inch-wide strips. Cut off ends of zucchini and eggplant; cut each lengthwise into 4 slices. Cut eggplant slices lengthwise into 1 1/2-inch strips. Cut onion into 3/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Add vegetables, and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Grill vegetables, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Grill beets 6 minutes on each side (we grilled on 3 sides) or until tender; grill onion, zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Cool beets slightly, and, if desired, peel.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads