Grilled Balsamic-Molasses Bacon
Tie fresh rosemary sprigs to the handle of a wooden spoon with garden sisal or kitchen string, and use as an aromatic basting brush for the bacon.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 14 (8-inch) wooden skewers
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 14 thick applewood-smoked bacon slices
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 250° to 300° (low) heat.
- 2. Stir together molasses and next 2 ingredients. Thread 1 bacon slice onto each skewer.
- 3. Grill bacon, covered with grill lid, 15 to 18 minutes or until bacon begins to brown, turning every 6 minutes. Baste with half of molasses mixture, using rosemary sprigs as a brush; grill, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes. Turn bacon, and baste with remaining molasses mixture, using rosemary sprigs. Grill, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove from grill. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve bacon immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note