Grilled Balsamic-Glazed Peaches
An easy balsamic glaze perfectly complements the smoky sweetness of grilled peaches. Serve this simple 5-ingredient side with grilled chicken, beef, or fish.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 firm, ripe peaches, halved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place peaches in a shallow dish. Pour vinegar mixture over peaches, tossing gently to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove peaches from vinegar mixture, reserving 2 tablespoons mixture. Set aside remaining vinegar mixture.
- Whisk together reserved 2 tablespoons vinegar mixture and oil, blending well. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Place peach halves, cut sides down, on a lightly greased grill rack. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 5 minutes on each side or until firm and golden, basting with remaining vinegar mixture. Serve peaches with vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables