Made these a long time ago and they were great! Tricky on our indoor grill (not hot enough I think) so sautéed most of them in some pam in a skillet. Very good.
Grilled Bacon-and-Herb Grit Cakes
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Chilling the grits helps them hold their shape and makes them firm enough to cut when grilled.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 triangles)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 255
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 38.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 15.2mg
- Sodium: 695mg
- Calcium: 123mg
- 4 cups hot cooked instant grits
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Pour the grits into a 10-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray, spreading evenly. Cover and chill 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Prepare grill.
- Invert grits onto a cutting board; cut into 4 squares. Cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles.
- Place grits triangles on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch