Grilled Baby-Potato Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 186
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 2.9g
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 91mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 1/4 pound red pearl onions (about 3/4 in. wide)
- 1 1/4 pounds thin-skinned potatoes (about 2 in. wide; see notes)
- 2 yams (about 1 lb. total)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups (3/4 lb.) red cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups (3/4 lb.) yellow cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound arugula, tough stems removed, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1. Remove stem ends and any strings from beans. In a 6- to 8-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add beans and cook until tender-crisp to bite, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer beans to a bowl of ice water to cover. When cool, lift beans out and put in a wide, shallow bowl.
- 2. Add onions to boiling water and cook just until tender when pierced, about 4 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to ice water.
- 3. Meanwhile, scrub potatoes and yams. Put in boiling water, adding more water if needed to cover. Cook until vegetables are tender when pierced, about 25 minutes. Drain.
- 4. While potatoes and yams cook, drain onions and peel.
- 5. In a bowl, whisk together garlic, mustard, vinegar, and oil.
- 6. Peel yams; cut potatoes and yams into 1/2-inch slices.
- 7. Place potato and yam slices on a barbecue grill over very hot coals or very high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 1 to 2 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning once, until grill marks develop on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes total.
- 8. Add potatoes, yams, onions, tomatoes, and garlic dressing to beans. Mix gently; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9. Arrange arugula on a platter, spoon salad onto leaves, and sprinkle with mint.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads