It sounds delicious! What do we need to do if we bake them in the oven (degrees & length of time)?
Grilled Baby Back Ribs
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
11 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 slabs baby back pork ribs (about 5 1/2 lb.)
- 2 limes, halved
- Bottled barbecue sauce
- 1. Combine kosher salt and next 2 ingredients. Remove thin membrane from back of ribs by slicing into it with a knife and pulling it off.
- 2. Rub ribs with cut sides of limes, squeezing as you rub. Massage salt mixture into meat, covering all sides. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Place in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; cover and chill 8 hours.
- 3. Light 1 side of grill, heating to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat; leave other side unlit. Let slabs stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Remove plastic wrap. Place slabs over unlit side of grill, stacking one on top of the other. Grill, covered with grill lid, 40 minutes. Rotate slabs, moving bottom slab to top; grill 40 minutes. Rotate again; grill 40 minutes.
- 4. Lower grill temperature to 300° to 350° (medium) heat; place slabs side by side over unlit side of grill. Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 30 minutes, covered with grill lid, basting with sauce occasionally. Remove from grill; let stand 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes