Grilled this while camping and it was a huge hit. Served with halibut and shrimp. Making it again tonight!
Grilled Asparagus With Parmesan Salsa
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
You can make this recipe a day early and serve it chilled.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Grill: 10 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/2-inch-thick) sweet onion slice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; remove scales with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
- 2. Stir together 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil and garlic. Combine asparagus with vegetable oil mixture in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Sprinkle evenly with 1/8 tsp. salt.
- 3. Brush sweet onion slice evenly on both sides with 1 tsp. vegetable oil.
- 4. Grill onion slice and asparagus, without grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°). Grill onion slice 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill asparagus 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 5. Finely chop onion. Stir together onion, tomato, and next 3 ingredients. Serve salsa with warm asparagus.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables