Very nice recipe. I took the easy way out and just drizzled a lemon infused olive oil over the grilled asparagus.
Grilled Asparagus with Caper Vinaigrette
If you're grilling your main dish for dinner, go ahead and grill the vegetable side dish, too. Grilling adds flavor to the asparagus, as does the tangy caper vinaigrette that's drizzled over the spears.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 91
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 4.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 198mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Place asparagus in a shallow dish. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt, tossing well to coat. Place asparagus on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning after 2 minutes.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients (through garlic); stir with a whisk. Slowly pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in capers. Arrange asparagus on a serving platter; drizzle with vinaigrette, and sprinkle with basil.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note