- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- calories 91
- fat 7.2 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 2.6 g
- carbohydrate 4.8 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 198 mg
- calcium 32 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Place asparagus in a shallow dish. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt, tossing well to coat. Place asparagus on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning after 2 minutes.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients (through garlic); stir with a whisk. Slowly pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in capers. Arrange asparagus on a serving platter; drizzle with vinaigrette, and sprinkle with basil.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.