I needed a recipe in a hurry for company when the grill was occupied by a leg of lamb. This worked perfectly on a baking sheet covered with foil in a 400 deg oven. It's my new standard for this preparation.
Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar
One cooking class at Harvard teaches students how to prepare and cook fresh vegetables. In this recipe, students learn how to cook asparagus.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 25
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 120mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 1 pound thin asparagus spears
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Prepare grill.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; place in a bowl or shallow dish. Drizzle asparagus with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper, tossing well to coat. Place asparagus on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Place asparagus in a bowl; drizzle with vinegar. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables