This has rapidly become my favorite way to cook asparagus. They have an excellent flavor, go well with pretty much anything, and even the kids gobble them up!
Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic Vinaigrette
If your plans for dinner don't involve the grill, this asparagus is also delicious roasted. Place the asparagus spears on a jelly-roll pan, and roast at 450° for 5 to 7 minutes.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 237mg
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Calcium: 69mg
- 2 pounds asparagus spears
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (1 1/3 ounces) shredded fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill.
- . Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Coat asparagus with cooking spray; place on grill rack, and grill 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning frequently. Place asparagus on a serving platter.
- . Combine vinegar and oil in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Drizzle over asparagus; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note