Grilled Asparagus Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound mixed gourmet salad greens
- 4 cooked bacon slices, crumbled (optional)
- Orange rind strips
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; place in a shallow dish.
- Combine orange rind and next 6 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly. Shake jar vigorously. Pour one-third of vinaigrette over asparagus; cover and chill 1 hour. Drain.
- Grill asparagus, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; cool.
- Toss together salad greens, remaining vinaigrette, and, if desired, bacon; mound onto 4 plates. Tie asparagus into 4 bundles with string. Cover string with orange rind strips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This