- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed gourmet salad greens
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Garnish: orange rind strips
How to Make It
Snap off tough ends of asparagus; place in a shallow dish.
Whisk together grated rind and next 6 ingredients. Pour one-third of vinaigrette over asparagus; cover and chill 1 hour. Drain. Set aside remaining vinaigrette.
Grill asparagus, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; cool.
Combine greens, remaining vinaigrette, and, if desired, bacon; place evenly on 6 salad plates. Arrange asparagus over salad. Garnish, if desired.