- 1 pound thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil or extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) ball prepared pizza dough
- 3/4 cup refrigerated prepared pesto
- 3/4 to 1 cup ricotta cheese
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Toss asparagus in 1 tablespoon oil. Grill, turning occasionally, 2 minutes or until tender. Cut spears in half.
Divide dough into 4 portions. Press or roll each portion to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly oiled baking sheets. Brush both sides of crusts lightly with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
Grill crusts, in batches if necessary, 2 minutes or until bottoms are marked and tops begin to puff. Remove crusts from grill, and place on baking sheets, grilled sides up. Spread with pesto, dollop with ricotta, and top with asparagus.
Return pizzas to grill with a large spatula, and cook, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.