I have made this so many times. I am not an asparagus fan, but this is GREAT! My husband loves when I make this dish. It is so simple and it looks nice.
Grilled Asparagus Rafts
This recipe is a nice twist on traditional grilled asparagus spears. Skewering groups of asparagus spears together makes them easier to flip on the grill. Sesame seeds lend additional crunch and a sprinkling of color to the dark green spears. The secret for cooking asparagus is simple: don't overcook it. The slender shoots should turn out crisp and bright in color.
- 16 thick asparagus spears (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of salt
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Arrange 4 asparagus spears on a flat surface. Thread 2 (3-inch) skewers or wooden picks horizontally through spears 1 inch from each end to form a raft. Repeat procedure with remaining asparagus spears.
- 3. Combine soy sauce, oil, and garlic; brush evenly over asparagus rafts. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds, pepper, and salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note