Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes; Stand: 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 454mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 6 (1-inch-thick) slices day-old country-style bread
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 cherry tomatoes, mix of red and yellow, quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup niçoise olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Snap off tough ends of asparagus or trim with a knife, and peel the bottom half of the stalk, if necessary.
- 3. Place asparagus on a baking sheet, toss with olive oil, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill asparagus, perpendicular to the grates, for 3–5 minutes on each side or until just crisp-tender.
- 4. Grill the bread about 1 minute per side or until slightly charred. Cut each slice into 1-inch cubes.
- 5. Whisk vinegar, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil in a large bowl until combined. Add asparagus, grilled bread, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients; mix. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads