Grilled Asparagus and Arugula Salad with Lemon-Truffle Dressing
Grilling the asparagus creates robust flavor, which stands up well to the earthiness of truffle oil and the peppery bite of arugula. Both the cooking method and the quality of the ingredients create a stellar first course.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 80
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 6.1g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 193mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons truffle oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups trimmed arugula
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Place asparagus on a jelly-roll pan. Coat asparagus with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt; toss gently to coat. Place asparagus on grill rack; grill 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Remove asparagus from grill; cut into 2-inch pieces.
- 3. Combine rind, juice, oil, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add asparagus and arugula; toss gently. Divide asparagus mixture evenly among 4 salad plates. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Asparagus and Arugula Salad with Lemon-Truffle Dressing Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads