Grilled Asparagus and Steak Salad with Hoisin Vinegarette
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) black pepper corns
- 1 teaspoon(s) corriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) fennel seed
- 1 pound(s) new york strips steak
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) thick asparagus, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon ustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 4 cup(s) watercress
- 1 large mango, cut into wedges
- radish sprouts for garnish
- Prepare the steak and asparagus
- Put the peppercorns, coriander, fennel, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a spice grinder and grind to a fine powder. Coat the steak with 1/2 Tbs. of the olive oil and then the peppercorn mixture. Set aside for at least 30 minutes and up to 1-1/2 hours.
- Toss the asparagus with the remaining 1 Tbs. of olive oil and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and pulse 2 or 3 times to mix, adding more broth if necessary to achieve a silky consistency.
- Grill the steak and asparagus
- Prepare a high gas or charcoal grill fire. Grill the steak until nice grill marks form, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook the steak on the second side until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the steak reads 125°F for rare, about 4 minutes. Remove the steak from the grill and put on a cutting board. Tent with foil to keep warm. Let the meat rest while you grill the asparagus.
- Spread out the asparagus on the grill and cook, turning a couple of times, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Assemble the salad
- Arrange the asparagus, cress, and mango on 4 plates or a platter. Thinly slice the steak across the grain and arrange over the salad. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and garnish with the sprouts (if using).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Vixxenesque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Asparagus and Steak Salad with Hoisin Vinegarette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads