Grilled Asian Steak and Spinach Salad
More From Health
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 12g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 248mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 8 ounces baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 sweet red onion, cut into 1/4-inch half-moons (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound grass-fed steak (porterhouse, rib-eye, sirloin, or tenderloin)
- 4 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- 1. Preheat grill.
- 2. Wash and dry spinach. Place the leaves in a large salad bowl; set aside.
- 3. Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, lime juice, sugar, and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- 4. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast-iron skillet or grill pan on prepared grill. When oil is hot but not smoking, sauté onion, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Transfer onion to bowl with spinach. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet. Sear steak over medium-high heat about 3 minutes per side or until medium-rare. Remove skillet from heat, and immediately transfer the steak to a cutting board; let rest.
- 5. Return skillet to heat, and add soy-lime mixture to pan; turn heat to medium-high. Deglaze skillet by stirring constantly and loosening brown bits on bottom. Cover and keep warm.
- 6. Slice steak as thinly as possible, cutting against grain, and arrange over onions and greens. Drizzle with sauce, and garnish with a cilantro sprig. Sprinkle with peanuts (if desired). Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note