Grilled Asian Salmon
If you've been afraid to give your kids fish, start here. Salmon is firm-fleshed and flavorful.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 226
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 34.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 420mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) salmon fillet, cut lengthwise and crosswise into 4 pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag; shake to dissolve sugar. Add salmon to bag. Seal bag, turning to coat salmon. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat grill to high heat. Remove salmon from bag; reserve marinade. Place salmon on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place marinade in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute and 30 seconds or until boiling. Serve salmon with sauce.
- Tip: Buying good fish is really important to the final taste of the recipe. Fish should never smell "fishy." It should smell like the sea or the stream. Also, the flesh should be brightly colored. Don't be afraid to smell it or ask the fishmonger when it arrived. If he can't tell you, then it's time to find a different place to buy it!
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note