These were outstanding and very easy to make. I am not sure why anyone thinks they are very spicy unless you 1. used too much sambal oelek or 2. have an extremely low tolerance for any spice at all. They were very flavorful and delicious. Next time I might double the recipe so there will be more leftovers.
Grilled Asian Drumsticks
These drumsticks are a perfect balance of smoky, sweet, and spicy.
Prep: 4 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 210
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Carbohydrate: 15.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 855mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds), skinned
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 1. Preheat grill.
- 2. Coat chicken and grill rack with cooking spray. Grill chicken 20 minutes or until done, turning once.
- 3. While chicken grills, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- 4. Transfer chicken to a large bowl or pan. Pour sauce over chicken, turning to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note