Grilled Artichokes with Smoked Tomato-Ancho Chile Mayonnaise
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 4 large globe artichokes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Hitching Post Smoked Tomato Pesto*
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Trim artichokes with scissors to remove leaves' sharp edges. Bring 1 to 2 inches of water to boil in a large pot. Add artichokes, and steam 30 minutes or until inside leaves and heart are tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Cut each artichoke in half. Snip around fuzzy thistle (choke), and remove with a spoon. Grill artichoke halves 8 to 10 minutes or until hot, basting with butter and sprinkling with salt and pepper. Combine pesto and mayonnaise in a small bowl; serve on the side.
- *Note: You can purchase the Smoked Tomato Pesto at hitchingpost2.com. To make a similar version, combine 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and 1 tablespoon minced sun-dried tomatoes in oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Artichokes with Smoked Tomato-Ancho Chile Mayonnaise Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables