Delish. Only change was putting it on a bed of arugula instead of just a few sprigs on top.
Grilled Apricot, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad
Photo: © James Merrell
- 6 fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch(es) , stemmed 4 ounces arugula
- 1 4-ounce log fresh goat cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Light a grill. In a medium bowl, toss the apricots with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the thyme and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Grill the apricot halves over high heat for about 5 minutes, turning once, until lightly charred and softened.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a cutting board and finely chop.
- Put the pine nuts in a medium bowl. Whisk in the vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula and toss. Arrange the goat cheese slices on plates. Top with the apricot halves and arugula salad and serve right away.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note