Grilled ABC Sandwiches
- 4 slice(s) already-cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 8 slice(s) hearty whole-wheat bread
- 4 teaspoon(s) light mayonnaise, optional
- 4 slice(s) Muenster cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 1. Place the bacon on a microwave-safe plate between paper towels, and crisp according to the package directions. Remove from the microwave. Cut each slice into three even pieces. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, if using the mayonnaise, spread 1 teaspoon on each of four slices of bread. Quarter and core, but do not peel, the apple. Slice each quarter into six thin slices. Place three slices of apple on top of one slice of the bread with mayo. Top with one slice of cheese, three pieces of bacon and three more apple slices, followed by the final piece of bread. Repeat to assemble three more sandwiches. (If using mayo, make sure to use one piece of mayo-covered bread in each sandwich.)
- 3. Cut the butter in half, and melt the 1/2 tablespoon on a griddle pan or large, extra-deep skillet over medium heat. Grill the sandwiches on the first side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. While the sandwiches are grilling, thinly slice the remaining butter, and spread over the top of each sandwich. Turn the sandwiches, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- 4. Remove from the griddle, cut each sandwich in half, and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note