Grillades Over Yellow Grits Wedges
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds BEEF Top Round Steak
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen diced onion, red and green bell pepper, and celery blend
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Yellow Grits Wedge
- 1. Trim steak, and cut into 2-inch squares.
- 2. Combine flour and Creole seasoning in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Add steak; seal bag, and shake to evenly coat.
- 3. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add half of steak, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned; remove from skillet. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and remaining steak. (Do not remove steak.) Return cooked steak to skillet.
- 4. Stir in frozen vegetables and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour and 15 minutes or until steak is tender. Spoon over Yellow Grits Wedges, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes