- 1 1/2 pounds BEEF Top Round Steak
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen diced onion, red and green bell pepper, and celery blend
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Yellow Grits Wedge
How to Make It
Trim steak, and cut into 2-inch squares.
Combine flour and Creole seasoning in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Add steak; seal bag, and shake to evenly coat.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add half of steak, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned; remove from skillet. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and remaining steak. (Do not remove steak.) Return cooked steak to skillet.
Stir in frozen vegetables and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour and 15 minutes or until steak is tender. Spoon over Yellow Grits Wedges, and serve immediately.