Grillades and Grits
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 371
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 33.8g
- Carbohydrate: 36.1g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Calcium: 149mg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 pound lean breakfast pork cutlets, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-oz.) can low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- Creamy Grits
- 1. Combine flour and 1/2 tsp. Creole seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge pork in flour mixture.
- 2. Cook pork, in 2 batches, in 1/2 tsp. hot oil per batch in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- 3. Add remaining 1tsp. oil to skillet. Sauté diced onion, celery, and bell pepper in hot oil 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp. Creole seasoning. Stir in diced tomatoes and chicken broth, and cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Simmer 15 to 18 minutes or until liquid reduces to about 2 Tbsp. Serve tomato mixture over Creamy Grits and pork.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes 1/2 cup Creamy Grits.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note