Griddled Corncakes With Cinnamon-Honey Yogurt
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) stone-ground cornmeal
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/4 cup(s) skim milk
- 1 1/4 cup(s) plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt, divided use
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable or canola oil, plus more for the griddle
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup(s) honey, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, both flours, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- 2.In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, 1/4 cup of the yogurt and the oil. Add the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- 3. In another medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- 4. Lightly oil a large heavy nonstick skillet or griddle. Heat the skillet or grill over medium. Working in batches, use about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake to make 12 pancakes. Cook until browned and puffed, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 5. Meanwhile, to make the topping, in a small bowl, whisk together the honey, cinnamon and remaining 1 cup of yogurt. Serve the pancakes with the yogurt topping spooned on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note