- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil (or substitute canola oil)
- 4 slices (4 ounces total) dense multigrain bread (best quality), thinly sliced
- 3 ounces shredded skinless, boneless dark meat rotisserie chicken, warmed
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced shallot
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 ounces mango, very ripe, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, sliced paper thin
- 3 tablespoons cotija or feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
- calories 357
- fat 14.3 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 5.3 g
- protein 20 g
- carbohydrate 41 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 67 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 637 mg
- calcium 350 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
Brush grapeseed oil on 1 side of each bread slice. This will be the pan-contact side. Lay out all 4 bread slices, oil side down, on foil or parchment paper (as a work surface).
Toss warm chicken with arugula, shallot, and lime juice. Evenly distribute over 2 bread slices. Shingle mango evenly over chicken mixture. Scatter jalapeño over mango. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and salt. Close the sandwiches. Press gently to adhere all the ingredients.
Griddle the sandwiches for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, pressing gently to ensure that all the surface area of the bread is in contact with the pan. Be patient, and let it cook without peeking (you'll get a more even toast that way).
Combine powdered sugar and black pepper. Cut sandwiches in half, and dust with powdered sugar mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.