Griddlecakes with Sweet Lemon Butter and Blueberries
You could top these pancakes with strawberries, raspberries, or any combination of your favorite berries.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 pancakes, about 1 tablespoon lemon butter, and 1/4 cup blueberries)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 391
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Carbohydrate: 71.4g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 549mg
- Calcium: 238mg
- 7.1 ounces gluten-free pancake mix (about 1 1/2 cups; such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, divided
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons light butter, softened
- Cooking spray
- 1. Weigh or lightly spoon pancake mix into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place pancake mix in a medium bowl. Combine egg, buttermilk, oil, and 1 tablespoon lemon rind, stirring with a whisk; add to pancake mix, stirring until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup blueberries; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. While batter stands, combine powdered sugar, butter, and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon rind, stirring with a fork.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto hot pan. Cook 1 minute or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 1 minute or until bottoms are lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining batter.
- 4. Spread pancakes evenly with butter mixture and top evenly with remaining 1 cup blueberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This