Griddle Corn Cakes
Smear the mayo over these cakes and encourage your guests to dunk them in the stew. Make them up to one hour ahead, and keep warm on low in the oven.
This recipe goes with Gulf Coast Seafood Stew
More From Southern Living
Total: 10 Minutes
- 2 cups plain white or yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Stir together buttermilk, egg, and 2 Tbsp. oil. Stir into cornmeal mixture just until blended. Stir in green onion.
- 3. Brush 1 Tbsp. oil on a hot griddle. Drop cornmeal mixture by 1/8 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Flatten to 1/2 inch thick, and cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat process with remaining batter and oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note