Griddle Corn Cakes
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
More From Southern Living
Total: 10 Minutes
- 2 cups plain white or yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Stir together buttermilk, egg, and 2 Tbsp. oil. Stir into cornmeal mixture just until blended. Stir in green onion.
- 3. Brush 1 Tbsp. oil on a hot griddle. Drop cornmeal mixture by 1/8 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Flatten to 1/2 inch thick, and cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat process with remaining batter and oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note