What makes a morning breakfast of griddle cakes that much better? A blueberry infusion and a glass of milk on the side!
Yield: 6 servings (2 cakes per serving)
More From The National got milk? Campaign
Amount per serving
- Calories: 303
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 410mg
- Calcium: 151mg
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup low fat or fat free milk
- 3/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 4 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
- Preheat griddle to 350°F.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine eggs, milk, sour cream, oil, and vanilla. Whisk wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moist (do not over mix; a few lumps are okay).
- Lightly coat griddle with nonstick spray, then pour 1/3 cup batter per cake onto griddle. Place some blueberries in each griddle cake. When the cakes appear dry on the edges and bubbles appear on the surface, turn over with a spatula and continue to cook until done.
- Serve griddle cakes warm with your favorite topping.
Nutrition figures based on using fat free milk.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Griddle Cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes